ASIN : 9350236281
ALL MAKE: INDIAN REPRINTS ARE IN GRAYSCALE
This detailed, hands-on guide provides the technical and conceptual information you need to build cool applications with Microsoft’s Kinect, the amazing motion-sensing device that enables computers to see. Through half a dozen meaty projects, you’ll learn how to create gestural interfaces for software, use motion capture for easy 3D character animation, 3D scanning for custom fabricationand many other applications.
Perfect for hobbyists, makers, artistsand gamers, Making Things See shows you how to build every project with inexpensive off-the-shelf components, including the open source Processing programming language and the Arduino microcontroller. You’ll learn basic skills that will enable you to pursue your own creative applications with Kinect.
- Create Kinect applications on Mac OS X, Windowsor Linux
- Track people with pose detection and skeletonizationand use blob tracking to detect objects
- Analyze and manipulate point clouds
- Make models for design and fabrication, using 3D scanning technology
- Use MakerBot, RepRapor Shapeways to print 3D objects
- Delve into motion tracking for animation and games
- Build a simple robot arm that can imitate your arm movements
- Discover how skilled artists have used Kinect to build fascinating projects
After a decade as a musician, web programmerand startup founder, Greg Borenstein recently moved to New York to become an artist and teacher. His work explores the use of special effects as an artistic medium. He is fascinated by how special effects techniques cross the boundary between images and the physical objects that make them: miniatures, motion capture, 3D animation, animatronicsand digital fabrication. He is currently a grad student at NYU’s Interactive Telecommunications Program
(as of Aug 01,2021 13:17:30 UTC – Details)
- Store Name: Amazon
- Vendor: Akash Mane
- No ratings found yet!
₹6,908.00 ₹6,908.00₹6,908.00 ₹6,908.00